- Medical/travel insurance is compulsory.
- African Skies Tours does not take responsibility for individual's travel insurance.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required to enter Ghana.
- Other vaccinations and anti-malarial medication advice should be obtained from consultation with your travel medicine doctor.
Visas and Money
- Entry visas should be obtained from the Ghana high commission/embassy in your country of residence.
- In terms of converting money, there are bank machines that accept debit cards.
- Credit card cash advances are available at major banks but they can take a long time.
- U.S. cash offers a good exchange rate at the Forex bureaus.
Other Ways to Prepare
- Suggested items to bring with you will be made available following registration.
- Music recordings by Mustapha Tettey Addy provide a good sample of traditional drumming from Ghana.
- An excellent, insightful book on Ghanaian/African culture is African Rhythm and African Sensibility by John Miller Chernoff.